Everyone thinks it’s incredibly romantic.
“20 things I must do before I die.”
As if it’s really important. I mean, if it was full of things like ‘save a life’, ‘find a solution to world poverty’ etc. I’d understand but it’s usually stuff like ‘Swim with dolphins’. So what people really mean by “20 things to do before I die” is “20 pointless things I’d like to do and haven’t got round to”. I’d hate to buck the trend, so I won’t, but I thought, why be pretentious and do the dolphin thing. Why not think of some REALLY pointless things. I can’t think of 20 at the moment so I’ll just do the two I can think of and any more that will come to me while I type.
- Go to the Forth of Firth on the 1/4 and the 4/1. (Pretty easy to do, just have to make sure I’m in Scotland in December/January and March/Apri – I suppose I could count this as two things).
- Visit the only Pub in England to be owned by the Ministry of Defence.
- Visit the oldest coffee shop in the world (it’s in Leipzig and was founded in the 1700s I think)
- Go swimming with an elephant. I guess I’d have to be riding it to make sure I was safe doing this…
- Travel to Australia via Europe and Asia (this isn’t THAT pointless as I have relatives in Oz) and back via America.
That’s five things. They’re mostly travel related because I’d like to be more well travelled. If anyone else has any other ideas to make it up to twenty then please tell me. Or just insult me like you usually do. You know who you are (and just in case you don’t I’ll tag you in this note).